Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

On Saturday, we went down to visit Erik's mom. We had a very nice day with good company and good food. We ventured out of the house for a couple of hours to catch the movie Hot Fuzz which was amusing but not a candidate for my favorites list. I probably missed out on most of the humor just because I didn't get the references to other movies. Oh well.

Today has been a lazy Sunday. After waking up and eating breakfast, Erik and I discussed going for a bike ride, but ultimately decided that a nap sounded more appealing. So we crawled back into bed and napped until it was time to get ready to go over to my parents' house for a Mother's Day BBQ. Then after we got back home from the BBQ, we napped again. Usually I'm not a big fan of naps but they sure were nice today!

The BBQ was a good time as well. It was nice to see Gran & Ivan whom we haven't seen since our wedding. It was a nice way to celebrate mother's day with family, friends, food, and sunshine. :)

Mom being silly, hanging out with Gran & Mike.