Wednesday, April 25, 2007

CCTT Report

I'm racing in the Cherry Creek Time Trials (CCTT) again this year (a.k.a. KHMTT). The series is 7 weeks long with a race every Wednesday night. The course is 10.5 miles long and winds around the Cherry Creek Reservoir.

My start time this year is 6:28:20 and each week I race against the clock to see if I can beat my best time. My best time last year was 27:54 so I set a goal of 27:30 for this year. I think it's a long-shot because I haven't really done much training this year, but we'll see.

This year's results so far:

Race #1 (4/11/07) - 32:07 (13th out of 28) - I missed my start time due to a long line at the registration tent.
Race #2 (4/18/07) - 32:33 (16th out of 32) - CRAZY WINDY!
Race #3 (4/25/07) - 18:31 - WooHoo! I kicked butt in this one! Ok... not really. Due to flooding, the course was shortened from 10.5 miles to about 6 miles, which explains the super fast time. But I still moved up in my category (11th out of 24)

It looks like I have a big chunk of time to make up if I expect to make my goal... and only 4 races left to do it!

Click here for details about the race series.
Click here to see the official results.

Here are a couple of pics from CCTT#3 (Courtesy of Chris Plesko)


What? This isn't a team time trial?




I thought the race was supposed to be AROUND the reservoir...
not THROUGH it!