Monday, April 23, 2007

Real Dirt

I tried really hard to wuss out of this one, but Erik wouldn't have it. Sunday was my first "real" mountain biking experience... and it was a blast! There were a few moments when I wanted to cry, but overall it was much easier and less scary than I expected. I still maintain that me + techical_stuff != a_happy_camper ... I guess I'll just have to stay on the easy trails.

I think what we rode was the Bear Creek Trail at the Lair 'o the Bear park down near Morrison. It was a beautiful day for riding, but that also meant there were plenty of other people out on the trail as well. Aside from a few not-so-courteous riders, the crowds weren't too much of an issue.

Here are a couple of pictures, again, courtesy of Chris Pleko




And of course, the most anticipated part of the day (FOOD) was quite enjoyable... we loaded up on yummy pasta at Tony Rigatoni's! We missed Chris & Marni and Mike & Jeanie at the after-feast but Chris & Marni weren't feeling well and Mike & Jeanie had to get back home to the babysitter.

Huge props to Marni for not only finishing this trail for her first time ever but for doing it while feeling majorly crappy the whole time! She looked so not-happy and I wished there was something I could do to help. I was so impressed that she stuck it out!

Thanks again to Chris & Marni for loaning me the Cannondale and thanks to Erik for suffering on the single-speed with platform pedals so that I could use his clipless pedals and shoes!