Monday, April 30, 2007

It was just one of those days...

Work was work... a normal day, I guess. But then before I headed home, I had to stop in on my mom's kittens because my parents were out of town. The kittens were less than a week old... very tiny!

They had all been nursing and looked fat and happy the day before when I stopped in. But today, one was dead. Just like that! Dead! I don't understand it! I was distraught, of course, and rushed the kittens and mama cat to the emergency vet to make sure there was nothing wrong with the others that might just lead to the same fate. Thankfully, the vet said they looked healthy aside from a minor umbilical infection in one of the kittens, for which she gave me antibiotics.

Erik called just as I was leaving the vet (around 8:30 pm) wondering why I wasn't home yet. Needless to say, I was all shaken up and hadn't eaten anything since lunchtime. I told him I had to take the kittens back to my parents' house and watch over them a little longer to make sure they were ok, so he would have to fend for himself for dinner. Well instead he surprised me by showing up at their house, dinner in hand. :) What a sweetheart!

Well when life gives you lemons, it's nice to know you have a husband who will make lemonade for you. :)