Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring Break

Erik found this "spring break training plan" in Bicycling magazine and decided it would be a good way for us to whip ourselves into shape in a hurry. The basic concept was to do nothing but eat, sleep, ride and work for two weeks. Well we modified it a bit to fit our schedules, but here's how it turned out for me...

Friday - Carter Lake Loop ~35 miles
Saturday - Rode down to meet Chris Plesko at his race and then rode the Carter Lake Loop again with Chris, Dave Nice and Erik ~ 60 miles total
Sunday - Introduction to mountain biking with the girls (see details in another post) - I have no idea how many miles we rode but we were out there for about an hour and a half
Monday - Lunchtime ride from work ~ 1 hour
Tuesday - Day Off
Wednesday - Cherry Creek Time Trial #2 - CRAZY WINDY! Slow and miserable - 32:33 plus a short warmup (~10 min)
Thursday - Easy spin in the evening ~ 45 min
Friday - Rode down to visit Erik at work taking some scenic detours ~ 50 miles
Saturday - I was supposed to ride up to Ward with Erik but I wussed out and stayed home to do laundry instead... probably a good thing because he said it was snowing and freezing cold up there... I would have been miserable.
Sunday - My first "real" mountain biking trip... See the details in another post. ~12 miles, I think

So... I guess I didn't ride nearly as much as the training plan called for, but it was more than usual so I think it improved my fitness a little. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next time trial.

Here are a couple pictures from the ride to Carter Lake on Saturday...